My 12 New Things


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Calling all New Thing ideas!

Four days to go on my ten day Media Cleanse for my July New Thing (and New Thing #8). It's going well as I'm thinking of things to work on instead of turning on the tv or cruising facebook. I've completed some of my to-do list and have even added a few things to it. I've drafted a new speech for the Advanced Communicatin series I'm working on for my Professionally Speaking Toastmasters group, outlined a business plan to submit to a foundation seeking new ventures and have been doing some research in preparation for my upcoming trip to New York City. It's all good stuff and I'm enjoying the time I've spent on these things, but I'm really itching to watch the new Mad Men episode. I've heard that the season premiere that aired recently was excellent. I'm thinking that watching it will be part of my Sunday itinerary (post Media Cleanse).

If you've been following this blog, you know that I've subjected myself to a bunch of random new experiences as a challenge and will continue to do so through the end of the year. If  you happened to read the paragraph above, you know that at the end of this week I'll finish my eighth New Thing. September's New Thing will be visiting New York City for the first time and all of the things that go into that (NYC subway, etc.). Past September I am going to need some ideas and I need your help generating those ideas!

The parameters are that the experience has to be outside of my comfort zone, it has to be something of substance, and it needs to be accessible. While I'd like to learn how to fly a helicopter as a New Thing, that really isn't in my budget. Unless you know a flight instructor willing to give me lessons for free...

Send any ideas you may have for me to experience as a New Thing and I'll take them into consideration. You might not intuitively know what is outside my comfort zone, but I'll recognize it when I see it! You can either leave a comment in this post or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment